Less manual errors, more cost-effective processes, and a real-time view of all your business finances wherever you are. All of this? With accounting integrations.
Brilliant accounting integration software can bring all these benefits to your business – and more. So, we didn’t need to look much further when developing our next in-app feature. With next-day transfers, 3am banking windows, and integrated payments already included as standard, Dojo now offers simple accounting integration for free, too.
What is accounting integration?
An integrated accounting system combines major financial accounting functions into one app. This allows you to replace the need to juggle various systems and separate books. Instead, you can have one simplified accounting management process.
For example, you can connect your point of sale terminal, inventory recording and office expenses. Plus, with accounting integration, you can eliminate duplicate data entry, increasing accuracy and efficiency along the way.
By using integrated accounting, you can replace several discrete systems and eliminate the need for separate books or records for ordering, costing, etc.
With Dojo, setting up accounting integration is simple and can be done through the app. Once done, you can import your daily sales, fees and payments data into your accounting software. Simple.
What should I consider when choosing accounting software?
Now you know why getting an integrated accounting system is a great idea, but what are the factors to consider while sourcing accounting software? You should look at things like flexibility and ease of use, consider the cost of installation and maintenance, and your own unique needs – such as your company size or industry-specific functionality you might be after.
You also might want to take into account the importance of cloud-based software. As those are quickly becoming the norm, opting for cloud-based accounting software like QuickBooks should be top of your list of requirements. Why? It means you (as well as your accountant or bookkeeper) can enjoy easy access to your accounting system wherever you are. Provided you’ve got internet access, of course.
What are the advantages of integrated accounting?
Integrated accounting can automate an otherwise complicated and error-sensitive business routine. So, the advantages of using integrated accounting are many.
It allows you to:
- Have a real-time view of your business. Keep an eye on the bigger picture. All your data is automatically synced so you can make important decisions in a more timely manner – as you’ll have all the vital financial information at your fingertips. Standalone accounting simply doesn’t do that for you.
- Stop re-entering data. Re-keying information is the enemy of productivity as it’s time-consuming and prone to mistakes. Today, you can leave this in the past and opt for a more reliable data-entry process, reducing the likelihood of human error. So you can spend less time on admin and free up your hours for value-added tasks.
- Reduce costs. Automated tasks mean less time and effort on manual jobs, so you can see a reduction in operational costs thanks to automation and your accounting system integration.
- Transfer data effortlessly. The system will automatically import and sync your financial data. This constant flow of information means you’ll always stay up to date with business.
- Easily collect and track payments. Now that’s effortless cash flow management.
What is the difference between integrated and non-integrated accounting?
You probably already have a pretty good idea of integrated accounting – your major financial accounting functions are combined into one application.
Non-integrated accounting, on the other hand, is a system of accounting under which two separate ledgers are maintained for cost and financial accounts. This system is also known as a ‘cost ledger accounting system’.
Why is it so important to fully integrate a computerised accounting system?
A fully computerised accounting system eliminates the need to maintain separate books or records for management accounting purposes. Plus, when your accounting system is entirely cloud-based, you’ve got easy access to all your accounting wherever you are.
This means you don’t need to invest in expensive software (or even hardware) for your business, and there is no need to spend time on manual data entries either.
What are the types of accounting information systems?
There are three types of accounting information systems:
- Manual – most commonly used by small businesses, manual systems are less complex in their offering and are, as the name suggests, entirely manual. This means that all your records need to be maintained manually as well.
- Legacy – legacy systems are found in existing businesses and were commonly used back when IT and software were not as sophisticated as today. They can bring you some valuable historical data about your company but ultimately lack the flexibility and reliability of modern technology.
- Modern/Integrated – these systems offer the most advanced technology. Think of a software package that integrates all processes within your business. One integrated, easily accessible view of all your business data and cash flow management. And this is exactly the type we offer at Dojo.
How to integrate your accounting software with Dojo
Just follow the 3-step process on your Dojo app to integrate your accounting software. Dojo offers simple QuickBooks integration for free.
All you need to do is head to the Account Integrations section in the app and select to get started with QuickBooks. Enter your login details, then customise and edit your QuickBooks connection settings.
That’s all. Now you can start saving yourself (and your business) some valuable time.
New to QuickBooks integration? Keep on reading for everything you need to know about accounting integration with QuickBooks.
What banks integrate with QuickBooks?
QuickBooks integrates with a wide range of banks – for the most up-to-date list, please refer to QuickBooks here.
How does QuickBooks accounting work?
QuickBooks’ accounting software can save you up to 8 hours a month on your accounts – and who doesn’t want that these days? Plus, you don’t even need to invest in complicated hardware. Simply use your laptop or smartphone to snap your receipts, create invoices, track your mileage and more – all on the go.
QuickBooks is perfect for creating and tracking invoices, keeping track of bills and expenses, payrolls, printing financial statements for your business, or even accepting payments online via invoices.
You can enjoy a real-time, at-a-glance view of your business, allowing you to stay on top of your cash flow management. With QuickBooks, you can:
- keep an eye on all transactions;
create, send and track all of your invoices to receive fast payments;
- keep track of expenses with quick mobile uploads;
prepare & submit your VAT on time;
- manage payrolls;
- easily add your accountant or bookkeeper to collaborate on your accounting.
Can Dojo integrate with QuickBooks?
If you loved the sound of QuickBooks accounting software and were hoping for easy integration, you’ve come to the right place.
If you’ve got a Dojo account, you can easily integrate it with QuickBooks through our app – for free. The set-up is quick and simple and only takes a few steps. So you can enjoy simplified bookkeeping with Dojo in (almost!) no time.
At the moment, Dojo connects with the QuickBooks app only. But our team is working hard to offer you more app options and a wider range of features, including improved data quality, reliability and agility.
Keep an eye on our blog to stay in the loop.